Mekong Eyes Cruise
2 Days » Floating Markets of Cai Be and Cai Rang
- Admire fascinating setting on Mekong River (like the sunrise on the river, the daily work of the locals, etc.).
- Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice paddies; meet friendly people and taste fresh fruits at the orchards.
- Embark a sampan to explore Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market with bustling ambiance, many kinds of good (including fruits, handicraft products, etc.).
|Day 1||Panorama River Cruise||Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice paddies.||Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 2||Cai Rang / Cai Be Floating Market||Sampan for a visit to Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market.||Brunch|
Panorama River Cruise
Activities: Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice paddies.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner
If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) and will take you back there after the end of the Mekong Delta cruise tour. The drive to/from Cai Be takes about 2 hours, to/from Can Tho approx. 4 hours.
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Cai Rang / Cai Be Floating Market
Activities: Sampan for a visit to Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market.
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30 am, the cruise sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skillfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
In the afternoon after brunch / lunch, we will take you back to your hotel in Saigon.
- Trip itinerary and routing as described in the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- Guided walk and side trips on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on board
- Tax and service charge