Mekong Eyes Cruise
3 Days » Between Saigon and Phnom Penh
- Enjoy charming landscape along Mekong River's banks and the mysterious beauty of Mekong River by night.
- Experience the bustling daily life of the locals at Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market.
- Explore peaceful villages, fruit orchards and rice fields. Particularly, tourists will have chance to taste fresh fruits and local specialties.
- Discover Cambodia and legend temples of Angkor Wat.
|Day 1||Panorama River Cruise||Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice fields, enjoy stunning sunset on Mekong River.||Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 2||Life on the water and floating markets||Visit Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market by a local sampan||Brunch|
|Day 3||Across the border towards Cambodia||Discover famous temples of Angkor Wat.||Breakfast|
Panorama River Cruise
Activities: Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice fields, enjoy stunning sunset on Mekong River.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your wooden river cruise around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink, we will show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board of your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Life on the water and floating markets
Activities: Visit Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market by a local sampan
Wake up well rested to the sound of the Mekong River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30 am, the cruise sets off for a sunrise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skillfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
Disembark the boat at around 11.00 - 11.30 am on the pier. Take a car and watch the water landscape from a land perspective until you reach Chau Doc where we bring you to your hotel. Depending on your budget you can choose the famous colonial-style Victoria hotel or a family managed local 3-star hotel.
Across the border towards Cambodia
Activities: Discover famous temples of Angkor Wat.
Ride a taxi to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.Tour ends.
- Road transfer from Saigon
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Private transportation (car with driver) from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Hotel in Chau Doc
- Public speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Transfer from the hotel in Chau Doc to the jetty for the public speed boat.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room