Mekong Eyes Cruise
2 Days » Tour between Saigon and Phu Quoc
- Enjoy charming landscape along Mekong River's banks and the mysterious beauty of Mekong River by night.
- Experience the bustling daily life of the locals at Cai Be and Cai Rang floating market.
- Explore peaceful villages, fruit orchards and rice fields. Particularly, tourists will have chance to taste fresh fruits and local specialties.
- Reach the holiday paradise – Phu Quoc Island.
|Day 1||Panorama Cruise||Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice fields, enjoy stunning sunset on Mekong River.||Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 2||Floating market and travel to Phu Quoc||Visit the famous floating market of Cai Rang, visit Rach Gia||Brunch|
Activities: Visit local villages, fruit orchards and rice fields, enjoy stunning sunset on Mekong River.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hours drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board for fantastic photo opportunities along the river. Enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Floating market and travel to Phu Quoc
Activities: Visit the famous floating market of Cai Rang, visit Rach Gia
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, one of the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market a car takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc. Alternatively you can return to the boat for a sumptuous brunch before we bring you to Can Tho airport for your flight to Phu Quoc.
The tour ends here. We will be happy to help you book a resort on the island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
- Road transfer from Saigon
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- English speaking guide aboard the cruise boat and on side trips
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer by car (with driver) to Rach Gia and ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc;
- alternatively: transfer to Can Tho airport and plane ticket to Phu Quoc.